February 7 Outing to Ratanapannya Meditation Center and Temecula Indian Reservation
Here is the confirmed schedule for our Feb. 7 outing, we have two major activities that day (highlighted). Please be aware of that it will be a day-long trip. We probably will leave there around 4pm. Therefore, those who want to come back earlier you certainly can do so, but you may need to drive by yourself.
Details as follows:
* 8:00 am, (those who want to carpool with us) leave UWest (in front of General Service Office) to
Ratanapannya Meditation Center (Thai vipasyana meditation Temple)
34550 Orange Street, Wildomar, CA 92595 contact tel 951-245-1399, my cell 626-548-0495.
* 10:00am, talk by the abbot of the Temple, Ven. Sompoch Sripundh, about vipasyana meditation;
* 10:30am, talk by Ven. Jue Wei (Hsi Lai Temple), about "meditation from humanistic Buddhist perspective";
* 11:00am, group meditation sit;
* 11:30am, lunch;
* 12:00pm, discussion/walking mediation/site-seeing etc;
* 1:00pm: group meeting to discuss our upcoming events, blog etc;
* 1:45pm, leave temple to Temecula Indian Reservation, a local reservation site (kindly invited by the former tribe leader, native Indian Vincent, this site is not for public but will be specially open for us, please check the attched file to see the photos);
* around 4pm, leave Wildomar back to school.
Please be advised to bring some food to share since we are going to have a potluck lunch in the Temple.
Photos from previous visits to the Ratanapannya Meditation Center and Temecula Indian Reservation.